Have you logged into your Lyft account and received a notification that you have been banned from Lyft? For many people, receiving this message can be overwhelming and they may wonder if they can get their Lyft account suspended.
If you are among those whose Lyft accounts have been banned, don't panic. This guide will give youstep-by-step instructions on how to get banned from Lyft and restore your banned account.
Understandingwhy Lyft accounts can be bannedis essential to avoid future problems as well as tocould appeal your Lyft ban. Many reasons can lead to an account suspension, including engaging in prohibited activities, violating the rules, or failing to follow community guidelines.
Such activities include sharing inappropriate content, engaging in fraudulent conduct, promoting spam comments or messages, or posting misleading information.
Can you cancel a Lyft account?
To be banned fromLyftmay not mean a permanent ban on your account. However, the chances areto have your Lyft account removeddepend on the reason you were banned from Lyft.
For example, suppose you were banned from Lyft for exploiting the website. In that case, the ability to be unbanned from Lyft is completely different than a ban for multiple logins from the same IP address/device.
Like almost every other company, Lyft takes its Terms of Service very seriously and will punish anyone who breaks the rules. Therefore, if you have been banned for breaking their ToS on aextreme level, the chances of getting your account back are low, but if you think you didn't do anything wrong or the violation wasn't that extreme, you can appeal your Lyft ban.
If they don't restore your banned Lyft account and they have blacklisted your IP address and personal information, no worries; we've got you covered.
You can find more details about bypassing Lyft bans later in this guide.
How to get banned from Lyft
If you've been permanently banned from Lyft, you may be wondering what options you have to reinstate it.
Typically, recovery is only possible if Lyft made a mistake in blocking/deactivating your account, or if the support agent is having the best day of their life.
This article will providebest solution and guidance on how to get removed from Lyft.
We cover everythingfiling a complaint form and providing sufficient evidenceto prove your innocence torecover your account, keep it safe and never get banned again.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to get your Lyft ban lifted quickly.
Option 1: Appeal your Lyft account ban
I highly recommend that youuse the same device on Lyft and connect from the same WiFi or cellular network you typically use. So they can confirm that you are the person who typically uses this account and avoid any extra questions or back and forth.
1. Lyft ban appeal
Below you can find instructions on how to appeal the Lyft ban:
Log into your banned Lyft account on theirofficial support site.
Scroll down on the home page and look for “Help", "Support", or "Help center” page and click on it.
Under "Suspended accounts"section find"Contact us" or "File an appeal” and click on it.
If a prompt asks you to log in again, enter your information to log in.
Now you should see a form asking you for personal information and additional details related to your ban.
When appealing a Lyft ban, it's important to keep your frustration at bay, be polite and concise, and provide details about your account and situation to their support team.
Here's a suggested structure to help you write an effective and polite appeal to Lyft:
- Begin with a polite greeting:Start by approaching the Lyft support team with a warm greeting, such as "Dear Lyft Support Team, I hope you are well!".
- Introduce yourself:Briefly introduce yourself and provide your name, username, and email address associated with your Lyft account. This will help the support team identify your account quickly and avoid back and forth.
- Explain the problem:Clearly and concisely explain that your account has been banned, the type of ban, and the reason provided by Lyft for the ban.
- Acknowledge any errors:If you believe you have inadvertently violated Lyft's guidelines, acknowledge your mistakes and express your understanding of the rules. Reassure the support team that you will avoid repeating the same mistakes in the future.
- Present your case:Politely state your case and explain why you believe the ban was unjustified or should be lifted. To strengthen your case, provide relevant evidence, such as screenshots or supporting documents. (Everything helps, so don't skip screenshots because you're lazy or you think it won't help)
- Request a review:Ask the support team to review your case and reconsider the ban. Express your willingness to cooperate and provide any additional information they may need.
- Thanks to the support team:Show appreciation for their time and effort in reviewing your case and thank them in advance for their help.
- Unsubscribe:End your appeal with a polite ending, such as "Sincerely" or "Sincerely" followed by your name.
Remember tokeep your tone respectful and professional throughout your ban appeal. While there is no guarantee that your Lyft ban will be lifted, a well-written and honest ban appeal can increase your chances of regaining access to your account.
DO NOT LIE.If they decide to manually review your case, believe me, they will instantly find out if you lied to them in your appeal and will permanently ban your Lyft account and you will not be able to appeal again . They have logs of everything you've done with your account, so don't be smart.
After completing the form, click on the blue "Submit” button at the bottom right. Your Lyft ban appeal is sent to their customer support and you're one step closer to getting your account suspended!
2. Wait for a response
After submitting your appeal to Lyft, the next step is to patiently wait for a response. The support team may receive a large volume of appeal requests and it may take some time for them to thoroughly review your case.
Waiting for a response can be a nerve-wracking experience, but it's crucial to stay calm and trust the appeals process.
During the waiting period, it's a good idea to refrain from submitting multiple appeals, as this can potentially slow down the process and even hinder your chances of an unban.
If your ban is lifted, learn from the experience and avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
If your appeal is unsuccessful, you still have the option to create a new account, but remember to strictly follow Lyft's guidelines to prevent further bans.Follow OPTION 2 in this guide.
3. Get Lyft to reconsider your ban
If Lyft's support team has responded that they will not lift the ban, you can try to appeal the ban again by emphasizing your commitment to following the guidelines and offering more context about the situation.
This may be your last chance to get unbanned from Lyft, so be careful and include anything that can help get the ban lifted.
Here is a suggested structure forfile an effective second appeal of a Lyft ban:
- Express gratitude:Thank you for taking the time to review your appeal and respond.
- Address their concerns:Fairly polite to the reasons why they didn't lift the ban. If you have additional information or context that might change their perspective, be sure to include it. Provide specific examples of how you plan to avoid violating Lyft's guidelines in the future.
- Emphasize your commitment to the platform: Explain how much you value Lyft as a whole and that you are committed to being a responsible user.
- Offer a plan for improvement:Propose a clear action plan that shows how you will comply with the guidelines going forward. You can e.g. mention that you avoid using third-party apps or take measures to ensure that your content is appropriate and respectful, etc. (Depends on the reason you were banned)
- Request a second chance:Politely ask that the support team reconsider their decision, taking into account the additional information you have provided and your commitment to improve.
- Thanks again support team:Show appreciation for the support team's time and effort in reviewing your follow-up message and considering your request.
Now you just have to wait for their second response.
If it is negative, I would recommend that you don't spend any more of your time trying to get banned from Lyft.
Most likely they have now blacklisted your personal information, device and IP address. If you create a new account in the traditional way, you will be banned immediately or shortly after.
If you want to know how to bypass these and get back to Lyft, you can follow the guide below and bypass the ban.
Option 2: If Lyft doesn't lift your ban, you can bypass it.
If they refuse to lift your ban, they have most likely blacklisted you and every piece of information related to you, including (payment methods, email, IP address, etc.) from accessing Lyft.
1. Request deletion of data
It is especially important to request a data wipe if you decide to create a new account, as you want to start with a clean slate and protect your new account from potential bans.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws, you have the right to request the deletion of your data from any service provider, including Lyft.
To request a data deletion from Lyft:
- Find a support email address from their website or a contact form.
- Email Lyft's support team.
- In the subject line, write "Request for deletion of data”.
- In the body of the email, please include your full name, username and the email address associated with your account.
- Clearly indicate that you are requesting the deletion of your personal data.
- They may require additional information or confirmation before processing your request.
That is it; you don't have to wait until they confirm that all your data has been removed to continue with the wizard.
2. Uninstall Lyft app & Clear all traces from browser.
Uninstall the Lyft app or browser activity from your devices and make sure there are no files left that can link you back to the previous ban.
On yourAndroid phone, navigate toSettings > Manage appsorSettings > Appsto access the complete list of installed apps. Look for Lyft, select it and then tap the uninstall option.
OniOS devices, navigate toSettings > General > iPhone Storageand choose to delete Lyft.
OnPC or if you only use the browser, preferably uninstall the browser and reinstall it.
3. Prepare a new phone number.
You cannot create a new Lyft account with the same number and not get banned immediately. So that means you need a new phone number.
Google Voice numbers, TextMe Now app phone numbers, and most free apps or phone numbers you find online are already recognized and flagged by Lyft and almost every major platform.
No worries, though; there are easy ways around this.
Thefirst optionis to register using a friend or family member's mobile number and then ask them to send you the verification code to proceed with the registration.
Thebest option, in my opinion, is to get a cheap VoIP phone number to receive text messages from Lyft for registration and verification purposes.
You can get a phone number that works for Lyft fromDisposable digitsorTyssetorsmsPVAorSim5.
Another thing you can do is get a new SIM card from your preferred service provider in your country.
4. Get a new email address.
You will not be able to create a new Lyft account with the same email address. You will be instantly linked to the previous ban and your new account will be flagged and banned soon after. You will also need this email for the next step.
Pretty easy to do; use your preferred email provider and create a new email address. Once done, proceed to the next step.
5. Get a high quality IP address.
Your IP address is one of the most important steps that will even make or break everything you did above to bypass the ban. The best way to change your IP address is to use a VPN service or a proxy server (Proxies need excellent setup to avoid interruptions and revealing your IP, so let's stick with VPN).
I can't find a way to make this work for free because you need a good VPN 100% but you can getNordVPN which is the most affordable option that WORKSwith Lyft ban.
When you havedownloaded and installed NordVPN, do the following:
- raceNordVPN, go toSettings, and enable "Kill Switch" possibility
- Make sure you have enabledOpenVPN (TCP)protocol from the Settings tab.
- click onserver listand select the location you want.
6. Create new account.
Now that we have everything we need to create a new Lyft account, let's go ahead and create one.
To create a new Lyft account:
- Make sure you are connected to a VPN server on your device.
- Open the app or official website and clickCreate Account.
- Enter yournew email and mobile number,and continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the registration.
Once your new account is created, you don't need to do anything else for now.
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO VPN BEFORE CONNECTING TO YOUR NEW ACCOUNT.
7. Fill in your account details carefully.
I want you to be very careful on this part and follow all my instructions and tips below to avoid getting banned again.
– New payment information
If you make purchases on Lyft, you'll need to use a different card than the one you had on your previous account.
– Use VPN for at least 40-60 days.
Use VPN when using Lyft for the first 40-60 days after creating your account. After that, you can stop using it if you want. That will give Lyft enough time to completely erase your data (step 1) and build some trust in your new account and device.
How to avoid getting banned on Lyft
By following the rules below, you will be able to avoid getting banned from Lyft in the future.
- Follow Lyft's Community Guidelines.
- Monitor your Lyft account for suspicious activity.
- If you think yourLyft account hacked, follow our guide onhow to protect your Lyft account.
- Avoid using bots, scripts and automated services.
- Do not hack or exploit Lyft.
- Respect the support team.
FAQ: How to Get Canceled from Lyft
Can Lyft ban me without reason?
It's important to note that, although rare, Lyft bans can occur due to false positive restrictions. In other words, if your account gets banned for seemingly no reason, it could be due to an error on Lyft's end, either system or human error. If this happens, don't panic. You can contact their support to resolve the issue and possibly get your account reactivated.
How Long Do Lyft Bans Last?
If your Lyft account has been banned, it's important to know that this is usually a permanent decision. However, it doesn't hurt to try to appeal the ban through the Lyft support system, especially if you think it was a mistake. Remember that the appeals process can be complicated and time-consuming, and there is no guarantee that you will be successful. Nevertheless, it is worth a try if you feel strongly about it.
Are all Lyft bans permanent?
If you receive enough flags for any kind of violation, Lyft can permanently ban your account. The exact number of strikes necessary for a ban varies depending on the seriousness of the offense and its potential harm to society. Lyft does not disclose the specific limits to prevent users from pushing the limits.
What happens if your Lyft account gets banned?
If your Lyft account is permanently banned, you will no longer have access to any of the platform's features or your account. It is important to understand that a permanent ban means your account is gone forever.
How long does it take to get a banned Lyft account back?
If all goes well, your Lyft account can be reactivated in less than a week.
Can I create a new Lyft account after being banned?
You can create a new Lyft account after your original account has been permanently banned. But please remember that Lyft strictly prohibits the creation of multiple accounts, and if they discover another account created by you, it may also be banned.