Our Lyft accident attorneys are prepared to help you fight for maximum compensation
1 Our Lyft accident attorneys are ready to help you fight for maximum compensation
2 What to do after a Lyft accident in Florida
3 Determination of whose (or which company's) insurance policy applies
4 How much can I recover after a Lyft accident in Florida?
5 Your Legal Rights After an Airplane Accident in Florida
6 Things to Know When Choosing a Lyft Car Accident Lawyer
7 Talk to a Lyft accident attorney near you in Tampa for free 24/7
It has beenalmost a decadesince Lyft began offering ridesharing services in Tampa. Since then, the number of Lyft vehicles on our roads has continued to grow at a rapid pace, which unfortunately means that Lyft accidents have also become a growing concern. We regularly hear from rideshare passengers and other drivers who have been injured in accidents with Lyft drivers—many of whom are now facing lifelong consequences due to the mistakes of Lyft drivers.
In short, if you need a Lyft accident attorney, you are not alone.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our Lyft accident attorneys have been representing victims and their families since Lyft signs began appearing on Florida roads. We have extensive experience with handlingUber accidentsas well. We are thoroughly familiar with the special laws that apply incarpooling accidentcases, and we have extensive experience in holding ride-sharing companies and their drivers' insurance companies accountable.
Do you need help with Spanish?
What to do after a Lyft accident in Florida
To protect your legal rights after a Lyft-related accident in Florida, there are some important steps you should try to take as soon as possible. After any kind ofcar accident, acting quickly is one of the keys to maximizing your chances of a full financial recovery. The longer you wait, the harder it can be to prove liability; and if you wait too long, you may struggle to get the financial compensation you deserve.
With that in mind, here are five important steps to take after a Lyft car accident:
- Document the accident
It is important to try to document the accident as thoroughly as possible. While our Lyft accident attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation when you first contact you, certain types of evidence can quickly disappear. By taking lots of pictures and videos, you can help ensure we have as much evidence as possible to prove your legal rights.
- Report the accident
atcar accidentsresulting in injuriesmust be reportedto the police in Florida. If you have car insurance, you may also need to report the accident to your insurance company. In addition to fulfilling your obligations, reporting your Lyft car accident will also create a formal record of the accident that we can use to prove where and when the accident occurred.
- Seek treatment for your injuries
All people injured in Lyft accidents should seek treatment immediately. As an accident victim, seeking treatment promptly not only protects your health, but it can also help protect your legal rights. If you wait to seek treatment, it will be more difficult to prove that your injuries are accident-related, and insurance companies will use this to try to deny liability.
- Start documenting your losses
In addition to documenting the accident, you should also begin documenting your losses. If the Lyft driver (or a third party) caused the accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for any losses you suffer as a result of the collision. To help prove how much you may be entitled to recover, you should keep your medical records, employment records, receipts and any other documents you receive that are related to the accident.
- Talk to a Lyft accident attorney
Regardless of the circumstances involved in the accident, you should speak with a Lyft accident attorney right away. You need an experienced attorney to help protect your rights and fight for fair compensation on your behalf. Your attorney can conduct an investigation to prove liability, calculate your losses, negotiate with insurance companies and take your case to court if necessary.
Do you need help with Spanish?
Determining whose (or which company's) insurance policy applies
When hiring a Lyft accident attorney, one of your attorney's first priorities will be to determine what insurance coverage is available. While the Lyft driver's insurance company may be liable, there are other options, and you need to make sure you file the right claim (or claims) to pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
So whose (or which company's) insurance applies? Depending on the facts of your case, you may have a claim under:
- Lyft's insurance policy– UnderFlorida Carpooling Law, Lyft is required to carry insurance that covers accidents that occur while drivers are logged into the Lyft app. Mandatory coverage limits vary depending on whether a Lyft driver is providing a ride, en route to pick up a passenger, or waiting to receive a ride request.
- Lyft Driver's Insurance Policy– If Lyft's insurance policy does not apply, then Lyft's driver policy may. Florida law also requires carpool drivers to carry insurance, and drivers' insurance companies can be held liable when drivers cause accidents that result in significant or permanent injuries.
- Your insurance– If you have car insurance, our Lyft accident attorneys may also be able to help you get coverage from your insurance company. Depending on the circumstances of your case, this may include "no fault" personal injury protection (PIP) coverage as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage.
- A third party insurance– While driver negligence is a common factor in Lyft accidents, other factors can also cause (or contribute to) these accidents. When you choose our firm to represent you, we will explore all options to maximize your financial recovery.
How much can I recover for a Lyft accident in Florida?
If you have been injured in a Lyft accident in Florida, how much are you entitled to recover? The answer to this question depends on your individual circumstances. The amount you are entitled to recover is directly related to your losses as a result of the accident – including both your economic losses (ie medical bills and lost income) and non-economic losses (ie pain and suffering).
When you hire a Lyft accident attorney at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, your attorney will work closely with you and your doctors to determine the value of your claim. Your attorney will carefully assess the long-term economic and non-economic costs of your injuries, and then your attorney will build a strong case to seek just compensation. Your lawyer will then negotiate on your behalf; and if you receive a settlement offer, your attorney will help you decide whether to accept the offer or continue to pursue your claim through litigation and potentially litigation.
Do you need help with Spanish?
Your Legal Rights After a Lyft Accident in Florida
As a Lyft car accident victim, it is important to have a clear understanding of your legal rights. Some of your key rights as a Lyft accident victim in Florida include:
- You are entitled to PIP coverage regardless of fault if you have auto insurance (PIP is mandatory coverage in Florida).
- You have the right to collect the evidence you need to prove your case.
- You have the right to be treated fairly by the insurance companies and to have your claim (or claims) dealt with in good faith.
- You have the right to make informed decisions and not be pressured into accepting a low-ball settlement.
- You have the right to hire an experienced Lyft accident attorney to handle the insurance companies on your behalf.
Unfortunately, even though your legal rights are clear, that doesn't mean you can expect insurance companies to simply pay what they're owed. The insurance companies will fight hard to avoid liability for yourscarpooling accident. But you don't have to give in; and with an experienced Lyft car accident attorney on your side, you can get the financial compensation you deserve.
What to Know When Choosing a Lyft Car Accident Attorney
Drivers and passengers injured in Lyft accidents need experienced legal representation. So how do you choose the right Lyft car accident attorney? Here are three important facts to know when choosing a lawyer to represent you:
- Your first consultation should be free and without obligation– Your initial consultation with a Lyft car accident attorney should be completely free and without obligation. You must have the opportunity to speak with the lawyer in confidence and you must feel free to make an informed decision about your legal representation.
- Your attorney must arrange for contingency fee representation– When you hire an attorney for a Lyft car accident, the attorney should represent you on a contingency fee basis. This means you don't have to pay any fees or costs outright unless you win, which means you don't have to pay anything unless you receive a settlement or judgment.
- Your attorney should be committed to maximizing your recovery– The attorney you choose should be committed to maximizing your health. While your attorney should be focused on settling your case for fair compensation, your attorney should also be willing and able to go to trial if necessary.
Do you need help with Spanish?
Talk to a Lyft accident attorney near you in Tampa for free 24/7
Need to speak with a nearby Lyft accident attorney? If so, we encourage you to contact our Tampa, FL law offices immediately. To get started with a free, no-obligation consultation, call 866-921-3219 orrequest an appointment onlinenot.
Meet Abrahamson & UiterwykInjury lawyers
A system of hiring a lawyer on an hourly basis rewards inefficiency, creates delays and generally creates negative problems between the lawyer and the client. However, representing clients on a contingency basis, where the law firm earns a percentage of the settlement, is much more rewarding for the client and the tort lawyers.
Meet your claims team
Kelly Anne Kelly
As Client Services Manager, Kelly's focus is to increase customer satisfaction by continually looking for ways to meet customer needs and concerns.